Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Prayer - part 2

In Alma 34:17-27, Amulek teaches us that we can repent through prayer and that we can pray many times a day over our jobs, our family, and against the power of Satan. He also said that we must pour out our souls to God in prayer "in your closets, and your secret places, and in your wilderness."

I want to share a personal experience that I had when I was home and was years away from being at this point in my life. For a while in my life, I was feeling pretty empty and doing many things that teenagers do when they feel empty or unloved. I tried to distract myself, with petty things like "Facebook" and funny "Youtube" videos. They only made it worse. I didn't know what it was that I needed, I just knew I was incomplete in some way.
     After some reflection I decided to pray. This was one of the few times in my life I prayed out loud. I poured my heart out to God, and asked him many things troubling me. One of the things I asked him was if He really loved me. I can tell you that nothing I have ever felt can compare to the love and peace that I received that night. I felt a confirmation from the Holy Ghost telling me that Heavenly Father loved me personally. I felt so complete, so full of joy.

I encourage you to pray to your Father and don't act like you're talking to the air. He is literally the father of your spirit, you can talk with him like a child to his earthly father. Tell him what troubles you and ask him things you need to know for yourself. I testify to you that the Father is there and He is listening. Galatians 5 tells us some ways we can feel the spirit.


 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Again I invite you to search your hearts and come unto Him who is your Father. If you are having problems like all the rest of us on this earth, come unto His loving arms and ask for the help that he is waiting to give you. Plead for guidance and protection. He will hear your prayer and answer in His own time, you must trust Him. I testify these things are true in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a powerful testimony, I truly feel the spirit when I read your messages.

    ReplyDelete